Trini-Style Honey Roasted Peanuts
2 cups of Cuisine Peanuts
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of water
2 tbsp of honey
¾ tsp of cinnamon (optional)
½ tsp of salt
- Wash peanuts and allow to dry completely.
- In a large frying pan, combine dried peanuts, sugar, cinnamon, water and honey.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and allow the sugar and water to boil.
- The water will begin to evaporate, at this time, gentle toss the peanuts in the sugar and water mixtures and allow to caramelize.
- Once an amber colour is achieved, remove the pan from the heat and continue moving the nuts and allow the caramel to crystalize.
- Place nuts on a lined baking sheet in one layer and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.