Spicy Asian Fried Shrimp
Time taken to prepare dish: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 persons
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
For the Shrimp:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds small shrimp, peeled and deveined @ Massy Stores Save $5.00 on Cuisine Cooked Shrimp 340G, Was $64.99, Now: $59.99
- Make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until oil hot. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Whisk the flour, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the shrimp with the prepared sauce. Enjoy!