Dessert, Pastry, Recipes, Vegetarian
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preparation Time: 30 mins, Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the eggs and milk
- Stir the beaten eggs and milk into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes
- Melt remaining butter; brush over the tops of muffins
- Cool for ten minutes. Serve and enjoy!