TIME TAKEN TO PREPARE: 1 HR 20 MINS
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef’s knife on your cutting board.
- Mix the garlic into the lamb along with all the seasonings in a mixing bowl until well blended. Form the mixture into 28 balls.
- Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into a 2 inch oval shapes; repeat with the remaining skewers. Place the kebabs onto a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the lamb has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 6 minutes for medium. Enjoy!