Fudgy Vegan & Gluten Free Brownies
1 lb of Cuisine Black Beans, cooked and drained
2 tbsp of Cuisine Flax Seeds
2 tbsp of Chia Seeds
½ cup of water
¾ cup Cuisine Genuine Demerara Brown Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp Cuisine Soyabean Oil
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil or non-stick spray.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cooked black beans into a paste.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds, flax seeds and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the chia and flax seed mix to the food processor, along with the brown sugar, baking powder, salt, oil and cocoa powder. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.