Curried Channa and Aloo
- 1 tin of Channa
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 pimento peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp geera
- 1/2 tsp masala
- 1/2 tsp. salt or salt to taste
- 3-4 leaves chadon beni, chopped finely
- Drain and set aside channa
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then chop them into 2 inch pieces
- Heat oil and add onion and garlic.
- Add the curry and cook until almost dry.
- Add potato and green seasoning. Stir until coated with curry.
- Add channa and mix. Then add the pimento and chadon beni.
- Add 2 Cups of Water and leave to simmer
- Cook until potatoes are tender and mixture is thick.
Season with salt, geera, masala. Add pepper to taste.
Pair with Rice or Roti and Enjoy!