DELI BAKERY MANAGER
Massy Stores (SVG) Ltd is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual who is excited and driven to lead, manage and grow our bakery and deli operation. The Deli Bakery Manager oversees our Bakery and Deli staff while promoting a positive work environment that encourages engagement, motivation and productivity. The candidate will be responsible for directing, controlling, and executing the bakery and deli operations within Massy Stores systems and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct and control all bakery activities and operations with the assistance of supervisory personnel and Store Mangers.
- The production of high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Manage lunch and grab and go program at the stores to ensure product consistency, availability and ultimately exceed customer satisfaction.
- Develop new items, bring a progressive approach to the team.
- Inspecting bakery and deli items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- The timely distribution of goods to the correct location as per delivery schedule.
- To co-ordinate and direct the ordering of raw materials and other inputs to the production process.
- Control the level of damaged and spoiled products and ensure proper disposal of same according to company policy.
- Responsible for employee schedule and controlling both labor and other overhead costs to ensure that operating expenses are kept in line with budget and operating results.
- Responsible for preparation of bakery projections and operating budget.
- To plan, organize, co-ordinate and direct all maintenance and sanitation activities in the department.
- Ensure that the operations of the bakery are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the company’s HSSE policies.
- Appraising staff performance and carrying out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
- Experience implementing policies and procedures will be an asset.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to co-operate and work as part of a team
- Strong production skills, techniques, consistency and attention to detail
- Analytical ability and math proficiency to monitor profitability, process and analyze financial information of daily operations
- Ability to solve business related problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through)
- Great relationship building skills and demonstrated positive demeanor as a team player
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment and to multitask
- Ability to work nights, weekends and public holidays
Educational Requirements and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Food and Beverage, Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry Arts or a similar qualification.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ management experience.
- Previous professional from-scratch baking experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft word and excel.
Please submit application including the names of two (2) professional referees, a Certificate of Character and a police record to:
The Human Resource Department
Massy Stores (SVG) Ltd
P.O. Box 872
Upper Bay Street
Email address: [email protected]
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged
Deadline for Applications: September 25th 2020